The Brand Strategy Online Short Course equips brand and marketing managers, entrepreneurs as well as business owners with the tools to create, refresh or improve brand value. This course has been designed to equip students with the skills to link brand and business strategy to confidently create a compelling and differentiated brand proposition and navigate their brand in the post-digital era.
The modules of this short course have been designed especially with the aim to:
- Give brand and marketing managers, entrepreneurs, as well as business owners, actionable tools to create, refresh or improve their brand
- Equip you with the tools to create a credible link between brand strategy and business strategy
By the end of the course, you will be able to link brand strategy with business strategy and understand the fundamentals of brand strategy with the aim of increasing brand strength and brand value. As an individual you would have increased levels of competence, and be able to:
- Understand how to link brand strategy and business strategy
- Create a compelling and differentiated brand proposition
- Navigate your brand in a post-digital era
- Manage a brand refresh or create a new brand
The course has been designed and curated by Nicholas Kühne.
Nicholas Kühne is the founder and owner of brand agency, Wunderbrand. He has over 15 years’ experience working across the most exciting frontier markets in Africa and Asia. He cut his teeth at Nando’s, working on Africa’s most iconic brand. He headed up marketing at MTV Africa (Viacom) and launched Comedy Central into Africa.
Nicholas was also an MD of Interbrand in Africa, leading projects from airline rebrands to bank branch designs. He is passionate about working with brands in emerging markets to become global leaders. Nicholas is a guest lecturer at a variety of business schools and a regular keynote speaker. He has a degree with a double major of marketing and communications from the University of Johannesburg and is a Chartered Marketer.
Each of our LCIBS Online courses is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready to guide and assist their students throughout their learning experience. The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course is trained to mentor each student to reach their potential and achieve their learning goals. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offer advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects.
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit of and complete this course, you are required to:
- Have a registered email account for notifications and communications
- Have access to a computer/laptop/tablet
- Have a stable internet connection
- Read documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF reader, or similar PDF viewer
- Have access to the Microsoft Office Suite (inclusive of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Mac OS Pages Application to create and read documents, as well have the ability to export documents into PDF files
- Use the latest version of Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome web browser when accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
Certain courses will require that you have additional software applications. These additional software applications will be communicated to you when you register and enrol for the course. Any additional resources that will be required will be at the discretion of the registered student.
How You will Learn
This short learning programme has been designed and curated in manageable learning modules, which include diverse learning assessment activities.
- Access your course notes via the Virtual Learning Environment
- Learn while using our rich-interactive media, such as videos, infographics, gamification tools
- Enjoy the supplementary case-study readings in each module
- Participate and collaborate in discussion forums
- Apply your learnings to self-grading quizzes and continuous assessments