Over the past few years, the Business Systems Analysis profession has developed into a much needed and integral function of many businesses. Business and the ability to make profit are driven by a number of integrated internal and external processes and systems. The ability of the business systems analyst to analyse and redesign these systems for increased effectiveness and efficiency within an ever-changing business landscape is of utmost importance for any business.
The purpose of this online short course is to introduce students to the Business Systems Analyst profession. It provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to analyse and redesign systems for increased effectiveness and efficiency within an ever-changing business landscape.
The skills that you will be learning throughout this course include the following:
- Business analysis and stakeholder management
- Developing business system solutions
- Communicating business system solutions
- IT analysis
- Business modelling and architecture
- Business systems and quality control
- Project management essentials to facilitate change
The course has been designed and curated by Melton van der Merwe, the Subject Matter Expert for this LCIBS Online course. The course videos will be presented by Dr Adheesh Budree.
Melton van der Merwe, has been involved in education development for the last 17 years, developing a variety of programmes for national and international institutions with a specific focus on business and entrepreneurship.
He obtained a B.Sc. in 1997, an MBA in General Management and Entrepreneurship from the University of the Free State in 2003 and a coaching qualification from the University of Stellenbosch in 2008. He lectured various business subjects for local universities and private education providers offering international programmes. He established a private coaching and consulting business from where he offers various business development services, analysing and developing best practices for a number of business systems within a variety of industries.
Each of our LCIBS Online courses is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready to guide and assist their students throughout their learning experience. The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course is trained to mentor each student to reach their potential and achieve their learning goals. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offer advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects.
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit of and complete this course, you are required to:
- Have a registered email account for notifications and communications
- Have access to a computer/laptop/tablet
- Have a stable internet connection
- Read documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF reader, or similar PDF viewer
- Have access to the Microsoft Office Suite (inclusive of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Mac OS Pages Application to create and read documents, as well have the ability to export documents into PDF files
- Use the latest version of Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome web browser when accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
Certain courses will require that you have additional software applications. These additional software applications will be communicated to you when you register and enrol for the course. Any additional resources that will be required will be at the discretion of the registered student.
How You will Learn
This short learning programme has been designed and curated in manageable learning modules, which include diverse learning assessment activities.
- Access your course notes via the Virtual Learning Environment
- Learn while using our rich-interactive media, such as videos, infographics, gamification tools
- Enjoy the supplementary case-study readings in each module
- Participate and collaborate in discussion forums
- Apply your learnings to self-grading quizzes and continuous assessments