The Fundamentals of Project Management Online Short Course has been designed with the aim to provide a common understanding in the organisation regarding project management nomenclature; bodies of knowledge; execution frameworks and project life span management models; methodologies and organisational design that will help to facilitate effective execution.
The purpose of the Fundamentals of Project Management Online Short Course is to equip you with a set of skills and competencies that can facilitate effective project execution. The knowledge and skills that you will be learning throughout this course include:
- Understanding the relationship between general management and project management
- Defining and understanding critical project management concepts
- Taking a holistic approach to project management
- How to initialise and plan a project
- Successful planning of the project
- How to execute and administer a project plan
The course has been designed and curated by Dr. Krüger.
Dr Krüger graduated from the University of Stellenbosch in 1992 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Sciences. He subsequently completed the MBA Degree at the University of Pretoria in 2000, and has completed his research for a PhD in the field of ICT project management career path development. He currently acts as external examiner and guest lecturer for the MIT programme at the University of Pretoria and acts as an academic supervisor for students at Da Vinci’s master’s degree programme.
Dr Krüger has held various lecturing positions and has taught in the fields of: human resource management, project management, financial management, logistics management, economics and production management.
Each of our LCIBS Online courses is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready to guide and assist their students throughout their learning experience. The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course is trained to mentor each student to reach their potential and achieve their learning goals. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offer advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects.
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit of and complete this course, you are required to:
- Have a registered email account for notifications and communications
- Have access to a computer/laptop/tablet
- Have a stable internet connection
- Read documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF reader, or similar PDF viewer
- Have access to the Microsoft Office Suite (inclusive of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Mac OS Pages Application to create and read documents, as well have the ability to export documents into PDF files
- Use the latest version of Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome web browser when accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
Certain courses will require that you have additional software applications. These additional software applications will be communicated to you when you register and enrol for the course. Any additional resources that will be required will be at the discretion of the registered student.
How You will Learn
This short learning programme has been designed and curated in manageable learning modules, which include diverse learning assessment activities.
- Access your course notes via the Virtual Learning Environment
- Learn while using our rich-interactive media, such as videos, infographics, gamification tools
- Enjoy the supplementary case-study readings in each module
- Participate and collaborate in discussion forums
- Apply your learnings to self-grading quizzes and continuous assessments