This course provides you with fundamental knowledge and understanding of general and functional management terminology, concepts, principles and operations.
By the end of the course, you should have the tools to manage effectively in a range of industry contexts and at various managerial levels, as well as understand why and how to apply sound business ethics and corporate governance.
Subject Matter Expert
The course has been designed and curated by Dr Deon van der Merwe.
Dr Deon van der Merwe holds a D.Litt. et Phil. in Psychology. He started his career in higher education in 1989 as a student counsellor, at the previous Rand Afrikaans University, now known as the University of Johannesburg. As he had a passion for teaching and learning he soon became involved in the field of academic development (AD), initially in student academic development. Recently, Dr van der Merwe became involved in private higher education, where he also acted as academic head, and academic director, of various private higher education institutions. He currently also consults as education development specialist to various institutions.
Dr. Van der Merwe has lectured in various fields of expertise, starting in the field of psychology. He ultimately extended his field of expertise into that of organisational development. This specifically included the field of organisational psychology, business management, strategic management, international business management, project management, and human resource management. He has also acted as research supervisor for numerous Masters dissertations and Doctoral theses.
Academic Tutor Support
Each of our LCIBS Online courses is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready to guide and assist their students throughout their learning experience. The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course is trained to mentor each student to reach their potential and achieve their learning goals. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offer advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects.
Student Success Coordinator
The Student Success Coordinator (SSC) team will assist you with any query that you may have about the environment, systems, and general utilization throughout your learning journey
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit of and complete this course, you are required to:
• Have a registered email account for notifications and communications
• Have access to a computer/laptop/tablet
• Have a stable internet connection
• Read documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF reader, or similar PDF viewer
• Have access to the Microsoft Office Suite (inclusive of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Mac OS Pages Application to create and read documents, as well could export documents into PDF files
• Use the latest version of Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome web browser when accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
Certain courses will require that you have additional software applications. These additional software applications will be communicated to you when you register and Enrol for the course. Any additional resources that will be required will be at the discretion of the registered student.
How you will learn
This short learning programme has been designed and curated in manageable learning modules, which include diverse learning assessment activities.
• Access your course notes via the Virtual Learning Environment
• Learn while using our rich-interactive media, such as videos, infographics, gamification tools
• Enjoy the supplementary case-study readings in each module
• Participate and collaborate in discussion forums
• Apply your learnings to self-grading quizzes and continuous assessments